We now have a text-to-speech solution with Canvas called ReadSpeaker.
· A good way to connect with people who have learning disabilities that make reading difficult.
· A great option for people who multitask or who access content via mobile devices.
· A good bridge of your content for the foreign born who may have problems reading your content.
· A useful option to extend your website content to those who have basic literacy levels.
· An enhancement for the visually impaired.
What some of our teachers have said about ReadSpeaker:
· This would greatly help Special Ed, struggling readers, and ESL students in my classroom
· I wouldn’t have to read the assessments to the students anymore if they brought headphones
· This is a no-brainer, Get it!
(Printable handout below)