On Dell laptops you can adjust the touchpad settings to fine tune the pointer speed and the touchguard. These settings can be easily adjusted in the Dell touchpad properties.
- To access the Dell touchpad properties right-click on the Dell Touchpad icon in the system tray.
- Choose Touchpad properties
- The Dell pointing devices screen will open
- Within the Pointing devices application you can adjust the pointer speed and the TouchGuard sensitivity.
- Once you have made the changes click Save and the X in the upper right hand corner to close the application.