Microsoft Teams Meetings in Canvas
Microsoft Teams Meetings allows SCCSD teachers to create conference calls (meetings) using the Microsoft Teams integration with Canvas. This integration can be used in many areas that support the Canvas Rich Content Editor.
View Microsoft Teams Meetings
The Microsoft Teams Meetings LTI is enabled in the Rich Content Editor in several areas within Canvas. Supported feature areas include Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Classic Quizzes, and the Calendar. Students may also be able to use this tool in the Rich Content Editor within a group.
To open Microsoft Teams Meetings, click the Microsoft Teams Meetings icon from the Apps dropdown.
- The Microsoft Teams Meetings LTI can be viewed in the New or Classic Rich Content Editor.
- The Microsoft Teams Meetings LTI will only display for events created in course calendars. Personal calendars are not supported.
- The Microsoft Teams Meetings LTI will not display in the Rich Content Editor for New Quizzes.
Sign In to Microsoft
When Microsoft Teams Meetings is opened from the Rich Content Editor, the user will need to sign in to their Microsoft account by clicking the Sign in button . They can then create a conference link by clicking the Create meeting link button .
Note: You may need to periodically log in to Microsoft if you are adding multiple links to Canvas.
Enter a name for the meeting in the Name field . If desired, select a meeting start date and time  and end date and time . The date and time fields are not required and can be different from the information displayed in Canvas.
To create the meeting link, click the Create button .
View Meeting Options
The Microsoft Teams Meetings conference link will display in the area where it was added to Canvas.
- Microsoft Enabling Remote Learning Community
- Microsoft EDU Remote Learning Website
- Microsoft EDU Remote Learning Blog
- Microsoft EDU Remote Learning Resource Collection
- Getting started with Teams meetings
- Conduct meetings with Microsoft Teams
- Change who can present in a meeting
- Getting started with remote learning
- Manage Teams meeting policies
- Manage Teams meeting settings
- File a support ticket