How to Clear Cache and Cookies in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer
For browsers on Windows computers, regardless of which browser you're using, you can quickly get to clearing browsing data by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete. For browser specific information see below.
- Launch your Chrome browser
- On your browser toolbar, click on the 3 vertical dots and go down to Settings
- Go to the very bottom of the page and click on Advanced
- In the privacy and security area click on Clear browsing data
- In the Clear browsing data box, change the Time range drop-down to All time
- Make sure the basic tab is highlighted and the 3 boxes are checked
- Click Clear browsing data
- Restart your Chrome browser
- Launch your Edge browser
- Click on the 3-lined Hub button in the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Go down to Clear browsing data
- Click on Choose what to clear
- You will see the following items available:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Tabs I've set aside or recently closed
- Download History
- Form Data
- Media licenses
- Website permissions
- Select the first four options listed above to clear and click on the Clear button
- Restart your Microsoft Edge browser
- Launch your Firefox browser
- Click the menu button (the three vertical lines) and choose Options
- Click on Privacy & Security
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data...
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Restart your Firefox browser
- Launch your Internet Explorer browser
- Click on the Menu button (⚙️ cog wheel icon) at the top right of the screen
- Under the section named Browsing history click the Delete... button
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Restart your Internet Explorer browser