To prevent a past year's course from displaying on a student / parent Canvas Dashboard, then you must follow these steps.
- From Courses, select All Courses
- You will see a list of all your active courses which are listed first above the Past Enrollments section. The courses listed in the Past Enrollments are already concluded.
- If you see any courses that are not in the current year, then you will need to perform the steps below. This only pertains to the courses above the Past Enrollments section.
- Click on the course name, click Settings, uncheck the box "Students can only participate..."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update Course Details button.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for each course from a previous year that is still active.