*Quick start video at bottom and Instructor Quick Start Guide attached
Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser
You may not immediately see the Respondus LockDown Browser in the left hand navigation of your course. This is because the LockDown Browser is disabled by default. To enable the application in your course, go to the course's settings, select "Navigation" across the top. Scroll down to "LockDown Browser" under the hidden pages and click and drag it into the active course navigation. Make sure to click "Save" to save the changes.
Accessing Respondus LockDown Browser in Canvas for the First Time
1. Within your selected course, click on "LockDown Browser" on the left hand navigation.
3. On the next page, you will see the "About LockDown Browser" page. Check "Don't show this page again" to skip this page for all future visits. This page will continue to be accessible from LockDown Browser Dashboard if you choose to skip the page.
4. Click "Continue to LockDown Browser" from the "About" page to view the dashboard.
5. The dashboard shows of all your quizzes in your course. Use the directions below to enable or fix LockDown Browser for each assessment that requires it.
Fixing Legacy LockDown Browser Quizzes
If your course has quizzes that had LockDown Browser enabled using the "legacy" method (when editing a Quiz), then the LockDown Browser Dashboard will display "Fix it" errors for those quizzes.
This error is occuring because the quiz title needs to be updated, adding the title amendment "Requires Respondus LockDown Browser". Clicking the Fix it button brings the quiz title up to date.
Enabling LockDown Browser on a Canvas Quiz
If your course hasn't had a quiz requiring LockDown Browser, then you won't see any "Fix it" errors.
- To add the LockDown Browser requirement to a quiz, click on the pull down arrow on the far left of the quiz title and choose Modify Settings.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam.
- This will produce multiple advanced settings you can select from.
- After you have made your selections, click Save and Close.
Enabling LockDown Browser on a Canvas Quiz (Video)
Before you can enable LockDown Browser on a quiz, you will first need to have the quiz created in the Quizzes area of your course.
*Please note that SCCSD does not use Respondus Monitor as it is not available to K-12 Institutions.